Guidelines to select a new computer for linux use?

Victor Marquez victor.w3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:56:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am starting to learn linux, currently I have installed FC3 in a
machine on my home network.

I am planning to buy a new computer and install linux on it, the
machine where I currently have installed will return to it's habitual
task as a WinXX firewall and access point for Interner (can't be done
in Linux because mi connection is broadband via an USB modem
(non-standard/no-linux-drivers).

Can somebody recommend me a site or document where I can learn about
what are the best i386 processors for linux and/or for specific tasks?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards

Victor Marquez