httpd: error

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Mar 17 14:38:47 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 17.03.2005 schrieb nick um 15:23:

> The only thing is I want to enable SSL. How can I do this? If I enable
> through HTTP Server under virtual host properties and enable SSL
> support, ally setting and then restart httpd. I get an error message
> now saying;
> httpd failed: The error was: Starting httpd: [FAILED]
>
> I was wondering do I have to install the RPM SSL etc..

yum install mod_ssl

and then you have a /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf. "service httpd restart"
will activate the SSL. If you want to disable port 80 with Apache you
can edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and comment the Listen:80
instruction.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 15:37:01 up 13:33, 16 users, 0.28, 0.12, 0.07