Apache VirtualHost

Si Jones si at bananas.hopto.org
Thu Mar 17 17:00:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is good with apache config.

I have the standard config of Fedora Core 3, but am trying to virtual
host port 8000 to /var/openshowcentre

The VirtualHost directive is:

# Virtual host MediaServer
<VirtualHost *:8000>
        DocumentRoot /var/openshowcentre
        ServerAdmin si at bananas.hopto.org
        ServerName _default_:8000
        ServerSignature email
        DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.shtml
        <Directory "/var/openshowcentre/">
                Options all
                AllowOverride none
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

With also a listern 8000 at the top of the config.

I need to split the server in this way because port 80 serves the
internet and 8000 is the port that the Media player expects it to be and
can not be changed.

With this config if i dont specify any index page i get the default
fedora core welcome...

I don't understand what am doing wrong!!!

Thanks,

Simon Jones