Initialization Script - Fetchmail [Resolved]

Matt Florido matt at floridonet.com
Thu Mar 17 18:02:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, March 17, 2005 9:30 am, James Wilkinson said:
> Matt Florido wrote:
>> Thanks.  Here's part of my init script:
>> start() {
>>     echo -n $"Starting Fetchmail: "
>>     /usr/bin/fetchmail -d 180
>
> If it's any help, I've got this working fine. The equivalent part of my
> script is
> daemon fetchmail -d 500 --fetchmailrc /etc/fetchmailrc
>
> Off the top of my head, I'm not sure whether $HOME is set to /root at
> this point of the boot sequence. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.
>
> Maybe explicitly stating the path to the fetchmailrc would be a good idea.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> James.

Thanks.  Resolved.  I explicitly defined fetchmailrc as you did and
modified my script just a bit.

RETVAL=0
lockfile=/var/lock/subsys/fetchmail

start() {
    echo -n $"Starting Fetchmail: "
    /usr/bin/fetchmail -d 180 -f /etc/fetchmailrc
    touch "$lockfile" && success || failure
    RETVAL=$?
    echo

Not sure a lock file is really necessary for fetchmail, but what the heck!

--
Regards,
Matt Florido