FC3 Sorry, have sound problems (sound card "detected" but no sound)

VB vboyt at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 07:28:34 UTC 2005

Ok so when installing I listened to the test sound and
I could hear it just fine.  First login I updated
alsa-lib, alsa-lib-devel.  Restart. Update kernel to
2.6.10-1.770_FC3 and now I can't get any sound.  Yes,
I've tried alsamixer to unmute whatever is muted and
I've gone into gnome-volume-control, but nothing
works.  I can't even get a sound from the "Sound
Detection" GUI.

It seems my card is detected fine.  Doing an lsmod I
can see several modules related to my sound card.
Maybe there's an issue with modules loading because
once I updated the kernel, my system detected my
wireless adapter (Intel Centrino) then installed the
proper modules but the modules for the wireless
adapter fail to load on startup. This is another
problem I haven't looked into yet but may be related??

Any ideas where to start debugging? Anything specific
to look at in my kernel configuration file perhaps?

Thanks