sshd_config

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 13:12:39 UTC 2005

Manny wrote:
> Was anyone aware that sshd_config default permits root login???

It's been discussed a couple of months ago on fedora-devel-list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-January/msg00233.html

If you install Fedora remotely, you'll end up after rebooting with a
correctly set up system that you can't physically get to, with no normal
users set up, with a known root password and an open ssh port.

Possibly the best fix would be to get anaconda / kickstart / whatever to
set up a normal user account as well as root *before* that reboot. Feel
free to enter a bugzilla RFE.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Whenever [Richard I] returned to England he always
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | set out again immediately for the Mediterranean and