IPTables to restrict an IP address to certain ports

Doug Coats dcoats at heritagemail.org
Fri Mar 18 15:00:39 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I need to restrict a computer hooked up to my network so that it can only
access net-bios ports (137-139 I believe).  I idea is to let them transfer
files and use network printers but nothing else.  The computer will have a
set IP address.

Does anyone know what the exact IPTables line would look like to accomplish
this.  I have never addressed an issue like this with IPTables.

If you do respond could you clarify what the line is doing exactly so that I
can modify it to meet this and possibly other needs.

Thanks,

Doug