syncing up 2 servers...just like that!

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Fri Mar 18 18:05:52 UTC 2005

sorry for last post screwin up the subject line
> > > The big problem here is syncing the data. The master takes in the data.
> > > The data has to end up on the slave. almost like a RAID1 array on 2
> > > different systems but it can't be totally like that because of hardware
> > > issues.
> > >
> > <snip>
> > >

> > Greetings John,
> >
> > Have a look at Unision.
> >
> > http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7712
> >
> > --
> > Virtually,
> > Tom W

hey Tom!
oh ya...really impressive...later today want to study more on this and
rsync...then establish which way to go. ...another note...most of this
orig. msg was all wet. mainly no directions ...just lots of thoughts...
realtime syncing???? I think that would end up putting me in my
grave...really scary and nitemarish...rsync and unision seem like the
sane approaches to this.

thx Tom