FC3 with BEFSR11 Linksys router slow connection

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 19:17:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 13:16, Shawn Iverson wrote:

> Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone have some suggestions?
>
> I am highly suspicious about the kernel settings.  Surfing the net I
> found this option in the kernel that controls TCP Explicit Congestion
> Notification.  Would this option be related to my problem
> (CONFIG_INET_ECN=y)?  I guess that it won't hurt to try recompiling the
> kernel with this option turned off, if it exists in the 2.6 kernel.
> Something in the back of my mind tells me that the Linksys is breaking
> some tiny, little TCP/IP standard on which FC3 depends.

I think you are on the right track.  There have been threads on the list
in the past discussing problems with certain routers and the ECN
settings.

In all cases I am aware of disabling ECN on the FC3 box improved
performance.

This can be done without recompiling the kernel, follow Paul Howarth's
message to do this.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com