fc3 and rsync

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Sun Mar 20 15:09:52 UTC 2005

hi y'all,

are there any good document sources out there of rsync specific to fc3?

The  only rsyncd.conf "look-alike" file that I could find
is: /etc/xinetd.d/rsync: containing the following:

# default: off
it \
#	allows crc checksumming etc.
service rsync
{
	disable	= yes
	socket_type     = stream
	wait            = no
	user            = root
	server          = /usr/bin/rsync
	server_args     = --daemon
	log_on_failure  += USERID
}

if this is the config for rsync....I would like some docs specific to
our fc3 configuration... # man rsync or rsyncd gives no reference to
this specific file or the procedures to tune it.

also I can't find anywhere the rsync config option "disable" things like
that...the very first commented line # default: off ....hummmm

I would just like some specific docs on how rsync is really set up here
in fc3

thx
John Rose

--
Trust Everyone...just make sure you brand your cattle