Nvidia Driver 7167

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Mar 20 17:31:03 UTC 2005

> Hi, I installed nvidia driver 7167 downloaded from nvidia's site, and
> installed it as per instructions on fedorafaq.org
>
> I can load the nvidia module, but X freezes whenever I try to start it.

Two things you might try: disable RenderAccel (if you enabled it, I had it
enabled on a machine and it worked prior to 7167, with 7167 it locked), you
might also try playing with the NvAGP setting (try 0). (info on these is in
/usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README).

There are also two patches to 7167, here:

I've seen one report where RenderAccel worked post-patch (I haven't run
these patches with RenderAccel myself as 7167 seems more "crashy" just in
general for me so I've stepped back to 6629).

Also rpm.livna.org has 7167 as an RPM in testing currently (just an
alternative install mechanism).

--
Anduin Withers