CD-RW (Was Monitor T/off)

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Sun Mar 20 23:11:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 03:59:48PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 08:00 +1200, Perry Spiller wrote:
>
> > > Please don't post in html - send messages in plain text format
> >
> > Right - I've changed that setting at the options page.
> > (If it creates problems, why is it offered as an option?)
> ----
> evidently the settings weren't the right settings - still html
>
> most mail programs allow you to choose format - plain text either on a
> per message basis, by 'recipient' or always. One of them is likely to
> work for you. If I had Eudora installed on my Windows computer, I would
> direct you to the settings but I don't.

How to turn off HTML in just about every email program there is:
>From the RedHat Install List Users Guide at:
http://www.rhil.org/docs/rhil-guide.html

http://expita.com/nomime.html#programs
individual message's tool bar to "Clear Formatting." You can also set up
the options to either send plain text or styled text or both.

    * Click on Tools: Options
    * Scroll down to and click on Styled Text Category
    * Check these 3 boxes:
          * Show formatting toolbar - If this is on, the formatting
toolbar displays by default in new message windows. If this is off, the
formatting toolbar is hidden by default in new message windows. This
toolbar lets you easily format text styles in new messages.
          * Send plain text only
          * Ask me each time - If this is on, you are warned when you
try to send or queue a message with text styles. And you are given the
option to send a plain text version, an HTML version, or both in a
single message.

You can have Eudora turn off MIME encoding when sending messages that
contain special characters.

Eudora automatically uses quoted-printable (MIME) encoding if your mail
contains special characters. Eudora also uses quoted-printable encoding
for attached plain text files. If your recipients don't have MIME, then
just turn off the QP button in the message icon bar when you are sending
text files to those recipients.

Jargon file, abrgd.: The September that never ended. On the Internet,
every September's freshmen influx got their first accounts and, not
knowing how to post/email, always made a nuisance of themselves. Usually
they were trained in a few months. But in September 1993, AOL users
became able to post, overwhelming the capacity to acculturate them; to
those who recall the period before, this triggered a decline in the
quality of online communications. Syn. eternal September.

http://kinz.org
http://www.fedoranews.org