acpi not accepting command

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Mar 21 00:33:26 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, E GCP wrote:

>> Starting from linux-on-laptops.org, I found this after a few minutes. Not
>> sure if it will help, but it >should give you a lead and maybe better
>> support than we can give you here.
>>
>> http://www.zd7000forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=27335#27335
>>
>> Good luck!
>
> Thanks, but I checked there before and their recommendation was to contact

That exact thread?  That one ends with somebody who got something working
on a zd7000.

> this list. Fedora is mot very useful in a laptop if the sleep command doesn't
> work.

True enough.  But it is being worked on.  Look around bugzilla.kernel.org
and subscribe yourself to the appropriate bugs.  Then you can be among the
first to experiment with proposed fixes.

I'm using a kernel patched to make Thinkpads suspend properly that I got
from a kernel.org Bugzilla report.  I even got to help test.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu