libmysqlclient-dev for fedora 3

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Mon Mar 21 13:26:28 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Mark Sargent wrote:
>
>> Paul, if I do a yum install mysql-dev, I get the following,
>>
>> Dependencies Resolved
>> Transaction Listing:
>>  Install: mysql-devel.i386 0:3.23.58-14
>>
>> Performing the following to resolve dependencies:
>>  Install: mysql.i386 0:3.23.58-14
>>  Install: perl-DBD-MySQL.i386 0:2.9003-5
>> Is this ok [y/N]:
>> but, I don't wish to install mysql via yum, as it's already installed
>> via source. How do I get around this.? Cheers.
>

> Where did you install it to?
>
> Somewhere under that directory you should find a mysql.h. You need to
> tell snort where to find mysql.h
>
> Paul.

Hi All,

Paul, here are the lib files for my mysql install @ /usr/local/mysql.

[root at localhost lib]# ls
libdbug.a   libmysqlclient.a    libmysqld.a   libmystrings.a
libmygcc.a  libmysqlclient_r.a  libmysql.imp  libmysys.a

I'm not too sure what to do here. I've done a locate for mysql-devel,
mysql-devel* and got nothing. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.