udev not registering some devices

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 22 03:18:23 UTC 2005

I'm running Fedora Core 3, and on my laptop certain devices don't get
created by udev when their respective kernel module gets loaded.

The odd thing is that this doesn't happen on my FC3 workstation. In the
case of the sound modules, the module is the same (i810 ALSA drivers). I
know that the i180 alsa modules should result in the proper notification
to udev to create the devices.

I've tried looking around the hotplug and modprobe config files to see
if I mucked something up, but haven't been able to locate any problems
yet. Anyone have any insight?

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>