PCI failed to allocate mem resource error message

Crisler, Jon JCrisler at corvis.com
Tue Mar 22 21:04:32 UTC 2005

James, based on our email and your suggestions, here is some more info.

Output of lspci for that device:

03:00.0 PIC: Intel Corp. 82806AA PCI64 Hub Advanced Programmable
Interrupt Controller (rev 01)

 I went ahead and tried a number of things in the GRUB command line, so
far without success; such as NOAPIC, NOACPI etc.  Here is my config so
far, hopefully I have not made any syntax errors; if there ARE syntax
errors, please point them out, and also, where would these syntax errors
be recorded, in the /var/log/messages file, or somewhere else?  Thanks
in advance.

title Fedora Core (2.6.5-1.358)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb noapic nolapic
pci=noacpi noacpi
        initrd /initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img

Additionally, on the "PCI Failed to allocate memory", is this going to
cause me problems in the long run?  The user complains of stability
problems, but I don't know if that is caused by this or not.