Core 3 initial installation failure

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 23 08:59:37 UTC 2005

Kevin Moon wrote:
> Hi
>

> I am installing core 3 on a new box and am having problems with it not
>

> AMD Althlon64 CPU, ASUS K8V-X Mb, ASUS Radeon 9250 graphics, 512 mb RAM
> and 80Mb SATA HDD. I have installed Fedora it as dual boot with GRUB
> loader and Windows XP. The dual boot works fine as does Windows but will
> not load Fedora.
>

> The OS seemed to install correctly with a screen confirming the SATA
> HDD, which I thought may be the problem. All other components seem to be
> detected.  After the initial reboot the OS loads to the point of
> launching the GUI then the GUI goes strange and cannot be read. I had
> the similar problem to previous postings of unrecognized monitor so
> selected low res.
>

> Upon reboot the OS loads but shows Smartd – failed. The loading stops
> and will not proceed past - HAL daemon – OK.
>

> I have tried to reload the OS in both graphical and text mode with the
> same problems. I need some help as this is my first Linux system

Firstly Kevin, please do not post in HTML to any mailing list, it isn't
necessary and only serves to bloat the messages in a negative way. You
would have seen by now most people post in plain text - there is a
reason for this.

Secondly, please have a read at www.fedorafaq.org.

See number 4 under "Problems and their solutions".

Regards,
Ed.