Installing MaPiVi

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:55:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:55:20 +0100, Eric Tanguy
<eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr> wrote:
> Le mercredi 23 mars 2005 à 12:47 -0700, Kevin Kempter a écrit :
> > use bunzip2 to de-compress the file
> >
> > Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >
> > >Well I think I am about to go nuts now. Has anyone successfully
> > >installed Mapivi? Acording to the Install file, I should have
> > >downloaded a .tgz, unzipped a .tar, and then perled the script.
> > >
> > >What I downloaded (tried several mirrors) was:
> > >mapivi072_Linux.exe.bz2
> > >
> > >I stuck it in /usr/local/src, but I cannot open this with the 'tar
> > >xjvf' options. I get the error:
> > >tar: This does not look like a tar archive
> > >tar: Skipping to next header
> > >tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
> > >tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
> > >
> > >I opened the archive in Konquerer with the built in tool. But then I can not
> > >do anything with the file that comes out:
> > >mapivi072_Linux.exe
> > >
> > >I have tried 'perl mapivi072_Linux.exe' but get the error:
> > >Unrecognized character \x7F at mapivi072_Linux.exe line 1.
> > >
> > >What am I doing wrong? Or is it not me?
> > >
> > >Dotan Cohen
> > >
> > >http://English-Lyrics.com/
> > >http://Song-Lyriks.com/
> > >

> Decompress it. Make the exe file executable and run it
> as  ./mapivi072_Linux.exe.
>
> Eric
>
> --
> Eric Tanguy | Nantes, France
> <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>
> Key : A4B8368F | Key Server : subkeys.pgp.net
> Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) sur athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC3
>

> --

I made it executable and ran it, but got this:
Cannot find XDNDSite at Tk/Widget.pm line 256

According to what I found, this is a compiling error, and there is
nothing that I can do about it? Only the programer can fix this?
Should I report this to Martin (the developer)?

I opened the file in emacs, and it starts out as a bunch of garabge,
then there is the line:
package __par_pl;
and it becomes readable. It's ugly, does that make it perl? (Just
kidding. I know a little php and had to throw that...)

Dotan Cohen

http://English-Lyrics.com/
http://EnglishLirics.com/