Dell 2005FPW runs at 1680x1050 but looks much lower...?

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Wed Mar 23 23:31:11 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 10:06, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> Actually, I've always kind of noticed that similar resolutions always look
> smaller/sharper in Windows.  Whats up with that?  Its an extra $700 for the
> next highest resolution for my monitor...=(

Yeah - no matter how much you try, you can't deny that Windows looks cleaner
at the same resolution. Make sure you got the font dpi set correctly and
other than that, you can't really do much :-(

Main reason on flat panels is sub-pixel rendering (http://grc.com/ctwhat.htm)
that Linux still doesn't do...

Peter.