Mysqli and PHP5

John Swartzentruber nospam2 at mcswartz.org
Thu Mar 24 14:33:31 UTC 2005

On 3/23/2005 5:43 PM Brent Norris wrote:
> I have been working with a fedora core 4 test1 box and trying to build
> PHP5 with mysqli support.
>
> I have installed the source rpm and edited the SPEC file for it.  In the
> configure section I added the needed lines to compile PHP with the
> mysqli support, but when I install the resulting RPMs they don't contain
> any of the mysqli files (mainly mysqli.so)
>
> What else do I need to do so that I can get this support into the RPM?

I'm running FC3 and built PHP5 from source (and I'm in the process of
learning PHP and MySQL), so my situation is different from yours, but I
don't think there is a mysqli.so file. Have you run phpinfo()? It should
show if mysqli support is there. I think that mysqli just uses the
libmysqlclient.so file.

I'm using mysqli, and I don't have any mysqli.so file on my system.