Fedora Core 3 refuses to install

crackhoar no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Thu Mar 24 17:03:27 UTC 2005

I'm pretty new to the whoe Linux thing, so maybe I'm missing something huge here. I currently have a working version of Fedora Core 2 installed, but when I put in the Core 3 installation CD, everything works fine until I get to the point where theres mouse input. The screen just goes black for a moment after the X shaped mouse cursor appears and then a bunch of randomly colored vertical lines appear on the screen and it hangs there. After this happened the first time, I did the media test for all four CDs and it came back as a PASS for all four. It seems to me that I haven't had enough time to input anything wrong into this installation procedure, so does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=52914&topic_id=13300&forum=1#forumpost52914