Broadcom Wireless with > 1 G memory?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 24 17:13:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 11:54, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
> Hey Scot,
>
> Yeah -- there's a couple of us who are having serious problems on the
> r3000 list :)
>
> I asked this AM if anyone had gotten it to work with > 1 G memory and no
> one seems to be able to ...
>
> I'm sending a dump file to support at linuxant.com (dldrconfig --dumpdiag)
> ... would you mind doing the same?
>
> P.

I have put that box into production at the moment.

And when I was working on this the system would freeze solid.  Not sure
I could get a dump off of it in that state.  This was not a typical
kernel panic, the system literally locked solid, no console, keyboard,
or network access at all.

Would happen when I tried to do a iwconfig or go into the network gui
configuration tool.

I assume that if you reduce the amount of memory that it will load
properly?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.
		-- Oscar Wilde