expect/telnet (Jeff Kinz)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:02:45 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 07:38, rado wrote:

> > > using a script.exp that autoexpect produces just hangs right there no
> > > matter what I try to do w/the timeout thang.
> > > just dunno...wish I could find a way to do it w/out expect really.
> > > jr
> >
> > There are also chat scripts the old uucp programs used to use. Look at
> > the "chat" command.
> >
> gonna check this out as well

Yet another way would be kermit.  It has a scripting language designed
for chatting over serial ports which seems natural for this problem
and it also works over tcp connections.  I used it long ago to
initialize modems periodically through a scripted chat, then moved
the modems to a terminal server and was able to continue to use
the same script by just changing the serial port connection to
a tcp address/port.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com