Step by Step - RPM file and install

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Mar 26 18:55:54 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 26.03.2005 schrieb Jason Hoskins um 19:42:

> I am new to Linux.  I have installed Fedora Core 4.  Is there a

There is no Fedora Core 4, not yet. FC4 is in "test 1" period. As a
Linux freshman you should not use test releases.

> resource available the shows step by step how to take an rpm file and
> install it?  I have an rpm file for my Wireless network card, for
> example, but I do not know what to do with it.  Such as, what modules
> do I use in Fedora to go through the process of installation.

http://www.rpm.org/

man rpm
rpm --help

> Jason

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:53:48 up 9 days, 17:50, load average: 0.45, 0.43, 0.48