Laptop's strange screen resolution

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sun Mar 27 05:44:48 UTC 2005

I recently picked up an HP zd8000 laptop computer to replace the Sony that was
stolen just before Ash Wednesday.  Tonight, I'm finally getting around to
dual-booting the thing (it currently runs Windows XP).

This laptop has a widescreen monitor, with a resolution of 1680x1050.  The
video card is an ATI Radeon X300.  Currently, my display is "stretched"
across the entire screen, from side to side, kind of ugly and hard to work
with.  Is there a way to get the resolution set properly to 1680x1050?  I
haven't been able to do so using the display tools.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)