getting control of tabbed browsing

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Mar 27 06:13:04 UTC 2005

Ben Steeves wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:30:21 -0500, Claude Jones
><claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:
>

>>One thing that I can't get a handle on in Firefox is how to force a
>>single window, with all URL's clicked on from anywhere always opening a
>>new tab in my open window. For instance, if I receive an email and it
>>contains a link, clicking on it opens a new window. There are other
>>examples of this. I've downloaded two extensions, Tabbrowser Preferences
>>and QuickTabPrefToggle, but if the latter installed its toggle I can't
>>find it, and the former gives you a few more options in prefs but none
>>seem to force single window behavior. What am I missing?
>>

>Try Tabbrowser Extensions.  It's not a superbly written extension, and
>even the developer warns people off of it, but I'm totally addicted to
>it and can't live without it (and I don't find it unstable or
>anything).  It can do what you want (heck, it can do anything even
>slightly related to tabbed browsing).
>http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/index.html.en

Ben: Wow, those are some serious warnings on his website. I loaded it up
- so far, so good. I went through the prefs and only changed a couple of
things. He seems to default to forced single window, just what I wanted.
Thanks for the tip. I just clicked on a link from an email message in
Thunderbird and it opened the link in a new tab in the currently open
window - perfect.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA