-s /tftpboot path in xinetd.d/tftp file

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Mon Mar 28 05:00:09 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Alex, I don't have another Linux box here at work. I have 2 @ home,
>>> though, and have installed tftp-server/client on both. Over the
>>> weekend, I hope to get a chance to test tftp on them. I may even
>>> take home a switch and realy test it. Keep you posted. Cheers.
>>>
>>> Mark Sargent.
>>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> 1 question I do have with this; why does netstat -nutlp show xinetd
>> listening 3 times on port 69..? Shouldn't there only be 1 instance.?
>>
>> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:69                  0.0.0.0:*
>> 4940/xinetd
>> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:69                  0.0.0.0:*
>> 4940/xinetd
>> udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:69                  0.0.0.0:*
>> 4940/xinetd
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Mark Sargent.
>>
> Hi All,
>
> at home, connected 2 linux machines, allowed tftp connections through
> firestarter, and whoom, it worked. I truly believe it's to do with
> xinetd.d running on port 69 x 3 as both machines here at home aren't.
> Any suggestioins for fixing this.? Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

Hi All,

ok, came in to work, checked /etc/xinetd.d and it had 3 instances of
tftp(tftp, tftp~ and tftpold). I remember that I made tftpold and forgot
to remove it, but, don't kow where tftp~ came from. Anyway, I removed
all instances. I also did a rpm -e of the tftp-server rpm. I also had
yum do a remove of tftp-server. Then, I started from scratch. I
installed the tftp-server, checked /etc/xinetd.d and saw only 1
instance, and then restarted xine after making the required changes to
xinetd.d/tftp and did a netstat -nutlp, which now shows only I xined
listening on 69, which is the desired result. Intalled tftp client and
all is now well. Thanx for your patience with this. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.