Monitor standby in console?

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Mon Mar 28 07:18:55 UTC 2005

I've got a FC3 box that is usually just sitting in console mode
(runlevel 3) at the login prompt. The monitor I have it connected to
has dual inputs and my Mac is connected to the other port. Once the Mac
goes to sleep, the monitor stays powered up because it is apparently
not getting the standby signal from the FC3 box. When I was running KDE
there, it was sending the proper signals, and the monitor would go into
standby properly.

Any ideas how to get the proper energy management signal(s) to be sent
when in console mode?

Thanks.

-Pete