Fedora and trojan/viruses

Robert Slade fedora at bathnetworks.com
Mon Mar 28 08:33:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 09:12, Rajev Mhasawade wrote:
> I tried to run a game,which is supposed to play online,but after 1-2
> screens of windows-like installation screen it didnt proceed.After
> that i am finding quite lots of trojans and viruses in my newly
> installed xp's /system /temp and /system32 folders.Is it bcoz
> virus/trojan spreaded from linux to windows?
> If yes how do i know if my lnux is infected and how to get rid of
> it.My linux startup is taking a bit more than usual.
> Thanks,
> Rajev
> --
> (c) 2005 Rajev Mhasawade

Rajev,

It is very unlikely that the virii etc came from your linux box as Linux
if a totally different os and does not directly run Windows code. It is
more likely that your XP machine was infected through open ports or via
e-mail.

That said you could try ClamAV on the linux box, I use it on my FC2
based mail server to catch windows virii and trojans. There is also
WinClamAv for windows.

Rob