the mail trail...sendmail

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Mon Mar 28 19:29:33 UTC 2005

>  kk... yes, using dovecot to pop...thinking bout leaving msgs on server
> > as well, I think procmail is the baby that sends it to ~/.evolution tho
> > huh? I need to intercept it there I believe. while it sends it to
> > ~/.evolution send it to the other machine...sync the ...spool/mail/rado
> > and maybe also ~/.evolution ... gettin closer w/this for sure!
>
> I am very certain your Procmail does not deliver to ~/.evolution.
>
> grep -ni "evolution" /etc/procmailrc
> grep -ni "evolution" /home/rado/.procmailrc
>
> Evolution does either move the mail from the INBOX file
> /var/spool/mail/rado or simply stores read mail information there for
> caching. So it does with my IMAP account mails.
>

> Alexander

kk... Alexander, you know what we are trying to do here...In other
words, Say we running on "A"...for some reason, it's deemed no longer
the master and machine "B" is the server. At this point, well let's just
concern ourselves w/the mail thing, we want the mail on machine "B" as
close to exactly the same as it was when "A" was downgraded, Granted,
it's all handled w/a cronjob.

ok mail, seems that, after reading your explanation, just forget
evolution for now. concentrate on keeping /var/spool/mail/rado in sync.
Do you agree w/this thinking?
Also, I'd like to hear what you have to say about the "leave mail on
server" option for Pop in evolution, considering what we doing here.

Thx Alexander,
John Rose

--
rado <rado at rivers-bend.com>