DAG Repos

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Mar 28 20:22:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Mark Haney wrote:

>> The best source for Java for FC is jpackage.org.  A bit of a learning
>> curve, but it generally works much better than the Sun RPMs.

I've added a layer of '>''s to mark the part of your message that was a
quote of my message.  If you could configure your mail client to quote
messages in a similar way, that would help readability.

> Does the jpackage version work with Firefox in FC3?

The jpackage Java RPMs require that you grab the Sun (or other) compiler
as a tarball and the jpackage nosource RPM, then build the RPMs yourself.
The instructions are on the jpackage.org site.

I'm using (slightly older, slightly modified) jpackage Sun RPMs with Sun's
1.5.0_01 source, and they are working fine.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu