Please include kernel-source in your main distribution cds itself

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 21:11:44 UTC 2005

Dr Siva Sankar M. wrote:
>   I usually get my Fedora Distribution from books or magazines. I
>   cannot download them as I have just a dial-up net (mere 3kbps). You
>   have stopped including kernel-source in your distro cds inspite of
>   having more than 60MB in the first 3 cds and more than 300MB in the
>   fourth cd.

In the worst case scenario, the publishers of those books or magazines
*must* either send you the source (for no more than the cost of copying
and distributing it), or distribute it with the books or magazines. You
could ask them.

If they quibble, please let us know: there are a number of groups who
have been sufficiently annoyed by such companies that they will put
suitable pressure on them.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Dell decided to deck its workstation Itanics late last
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | year citing the compelling reason that it hadn't sold