Internet tracking options

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Mar 29 01:55:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-28-03 at 11:45 -0500, Mark Haney wrote:
> What options are there to track Users internet usage in
> Linux?  Not just bandwidth, which isn't an issue, but what sites are
> visited etc?  I know squid does this, but the log files are a pain to go
> through.  Are there any other apps out there that I can test?

Give Sarg (SQUID Analysis Report Generator) a try.  I set this up for
one my clients, and it works great.  Graphs, charts, per user reports,
denial reports and more.  You can create daily, weekly and monthly
reports, viewable with a browser.  Sarg itself is called from cron.

I highly recommend it: http://sarg.sourceforge.net/

HTH,

Ranbir

--