Yum uri list

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Mar 29 06:26:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 00:27 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Jeff Vian wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 22:05 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there any possibility to get the list of uris yum, up2date or apt-rpm
> >> knows to download after doing an update.
> >>
> >> I want to know how we can retrieve the uri's information for the packages
> >> which any of the above mentioned utilities are going to upgrade.
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >>
> >> rrs
> >
> > You can find a sample of the yum.conf file at www.fedorafaq.org.
> > See http://www.fedorafaq.org/#apt for one look at it.
> >

> That doesn't help.
> What I'm looking for is someway to get the information, in urls, of the
> packages these utilities (any yum or up2date or apt-rpm) try to download
> for an upgrade after doing an "update".

You might get better answers if you say what the problem is that you're
actually trying to fix.

Yum will look in the places specified in your yum.conf file for updated
versions of packages you already have, so the URLs can be constructed by
looking at the repository locations you have specified for any updated
versions of the packages you are using, and appending the package file
name to the repository URL.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>