Yum questions

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Mar 29 06:47:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 00:51 -0500, RL wrote:
> The latest. FC3.  But that doesn't solve the yum issue. I checked that
> Duke site and yum is only up to 2.3; where do you see 2.4?  I was just
> using xchat as an example of yum not updating every and I having to
> check out different repos everything (and BTW xchat is up to 2.4.2)

Please don't top-post on this mailing list.

You can enable all repositories permanently by changing the "enabled=0"
lines in your yum configuration to "enabled=1". But by doing this, you
will end up with a system that bears little resemblance to FC3 (you'll
have all the development and testing packages, so you'll be running the
FC4 test release, not FC3, and it will frequently be broken). By
selectively enabling repositories like you are doing at the moment, you
can get new versions of specific packages with minimum risk of causing
disruption to your system.

Note also that some repos are not compatible with others. Be aware of
what the relationships between repos are and don't enable conflicting
repos.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>