Top Posting....

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Mar 29 17:55:24 UTC 2005

Thom Paine wrote:
> What baffles me is the fact that this list prefers bottom posting.
> People know this, yet they insist on top posting because that's what
> they want to do. They know it's bad ettiquette, yet continue to do so.
>
> When I was first informed that bottom posting is the way to interact
> with email and lists, that's what I do because thats what is
> preferred. Even though gmail defaults to top posting, I know how to
> run the mouse well enough to highlight the parts of the message I
> don't want, and then put the cursor at the bottom and begin typing.
>
> Maybe I'd like to drive on the left side of the road like they do in
> England, but you can't do it in Canada or the US. Maybe some of the
> top posters could try their influence on that.

Don't forget that a lot of the posters are used to that POS virus known
as Outlook, and it defaults to top-posting as well.

Gang, bottom posting has been the standard since Usenet was invented.
Hell, I still have an ARPA address and looking back at the archives
shows that we've ALWAYS used bottom posting.
-  Microsoft Outlook:  If it ain't a virus, it sure is a carrier!    -