fc3 source package

Raghavendra Moktali rmoktali at vsnl.net
Tue Mar 29 19:24:39 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Di, den 29.03.2005 schrieb Raghavendra Moktali um 20:57:
>

>>$pwd
>>/usr/src/redhat
>>]$ dir
>>BUILD  RPMS  SOURCES  SPECS  SRPMS
>>$ dir sources
>>dir: sources: No such file or directory
>>$ dir srpms
>>dir: srpms: No such file or directory
>>$ dir build
>>dir: build: No such file or directory
>>

>Your Fedora is case sensitive. sources is not equal to SOURCES nor to
>sOuRcEs.
>

>>The above sems to suggest that i do not have source package of kernel
>>installed.
>>

>Why do you want the kernel sources? Please read the FC3 release notes.
>

>>how do i get it. the version i use is 2.6.9-1.667 fc3 dvd install. the
>>kernel.org does not seem to be kinking to this
>>

>yum update
>
>to get the current kernel and too updated other packages.
>

>>Raghavendra
>>

>Alexanderyes

hi,
many thanks for the quick response.
ok, i checked. those directories do not contain any files. (also by file
browser)
i have just installed fc3 on an ibm r51 thinkpad and was trying to get
the pro wireless working by using ipw2100 from sf. i have a hotspot
nearby to use update. i am not able to use the onboard lan as i do not
have an asdl or cable connection.
internal modem also does not work :( .am connected at 14.4 using hsf
driver from linmodem right now.
i have a dvd which passed the check during install. does this mean that
the source packages are not on the dvd by default.
then this would leave me no option but to download elsewhere and bring
it in on a cd.
raghavendra