fc3 source package

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Mar 29 19:33:34 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 29.03.2005 schrieb Raghavendra Moktali um 21:24:

> ok, i checked. those directories do not contain any files. (also by file
> browser)

Right. Those directories are empty as long as you don't compile / build
yourself RPMs as root (which you should avoid).

> i have just installed fc3 on an ibm r51 thinkpad and was trying to get
> the pro wireless working by using ipw2100 from sf. i have a hotspot
> nearby to use update. i am not able to use the onboard lan as i do not
> have an asdl or cable connection.
> internal modem also does not work :( .am connected at 14.4 using hsf
> driver from linmodem right now.
> i have a dvd which passed the check during install. does this mean that
> the source packages are not on the dvd by default.

Correct. The DVD contains only the binary RPMs.

> then this would leave me no option but to download elsewhere and bring
> it in on a cd.

I think so. Well, you are online, else you couldn't email. Maybe you get
all the updates pending for your fresh FC3 install. At least get the
update kernel fitting the ipw2100 RPMs at

http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/ipw2100/

> raghavendra

www.fedorafaq.org might be a good starting point to know some basics
about your new system.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 21:30:03 up 12 days, 18:26, load average: 0.56, 0.52, 0.50