Top Posting....

barophobia barophobia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:03:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:41:49 -0500, Phil Labonte <plabonte at gmail.com> wrote:
> To quote the Wikipedia definition:
> "Top-posting is considered improper by some OLDER DEFINITIONS of
> Internet etiquette since it breaks down the flow of the thread:"

Take *careful* note of the words "since it BREAKS DOWN the flow of the
thread" (emphasis mine).

I think that says a lot more than "OLDER DEFINITIONS".

> It's time to embrace change, change is good. Top posting gis here to
> stay especially because of GMAIL and outlook...

Gmail is no excuse!! I'm using gmail right now and it perfectly
enables me to do bottom posting and proper trimming. When you click
reply gmail puts two blank lines at the top of the email along with
placing your cursor at the very top. All a person has to do is press
the delete key twice and move their cursor down to where they want to
start.

Gmail *also* (and I think this is the most important part) doesn't
create rediculous reply headers like Outlook does (and in fact Outlook
users can get an addon for free called Outlook QuoteFix which I use at
work), further enabling a user to properly bottom post.

Chris.