Top Posting....

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 23:00:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

> I still fail to understand how top posting "interferes with the flow",
> if you read the original post why do you have to include it in your
> replies?

Context is a pretty good start.

> As someone was comparing this to a newspaper... When they publish
> letters to the editor they do not includes most of the original
> article...

Ah, the intelligent use of snipping. Cunning plan that. Reduces waste.

> Or when they print multiple stories on the same subject they do not
> include the orinal story in subsequent stories...

Newspapers will refer back to the original story ("as reported by
<insert name> back in April when we disclose how bloody stupid top
posting is") when required.

> I mean if you cannot follow a post without quoting text...

Look at any technical mailing list and you'll see how important quoted
text is to ensure that an answer is correct and no misunderstood.

TTFN

Paul
--
"It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the