Top Posting and company disclaimer

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed Mar 30 01:57:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 13:36 -0500, Crisler, Jon wrote:

snip

>  As for the signature not making sense; It makes perfect sense from the
> perspective of a lawyer specializing in intellectual property,
> electronic communication, and patents.  As for regular human beings? You
> decide.

True, but a major bandwidth waster for a list like this.

Some users have opted to go with the personal mail account for the exact
reason you give.... they have no control over the disclaimer and they
choose to follow the list etiquette.

>   That said, I still think that top posting is a timesaver when
> following a thread.  Just my opinion.
> --
>
> David

top posting may be a timesaver for the conversation between 2 or 3
persons.  The expectation there is that you send it - they read it
immediately.