Please help me with turning off unneeded daemons.

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 30 04:10:30 UTC 2005

On 29Mar2005 17:01, barophobia <barophobia at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:00:22 +0100, James Wilkinson
| > Depending on what you're developing, I'd recommend stopping this
| > computer serving to the Internet until you've got the stuff debugged,
| > and checked for logic holes...
|
| I'm not fluent enough I think to find "logic holes" so I'll just have
| to do what I know (turn stuff off, use strong passwords, restrict
| firewall to minimum requirements, etc.).

"logic holes" means bugs. Your system can be as locked down as you like,
but if the stuff you do make available doesn't work as it should it's
an opportunity for trouble.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I have an inferiority complex, but it isn't a very good one.
        - Bill Garrett <garrett at cs.unc.edu>