FC3 on Dell PowerEdge 2800 and embedded SCSI and 10/100/1000 NICs ?

McGuffey, David DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY at saic.com
Wed Mar 30 19:34:21 UTC 2005

A couple of weeks back I posted a message about openwall, grsecurity, PAX,
LIDS, and Bastille for FC3 but didn't get much response.  So I'm going to
create a small lab to investigate these issues plus SELinux on my own.

I've considering ordering a Dell PowerEdge 2800, with two Xenon 3.0GHz
processors, 2 GB ram, embedded  SCSI and embedded 10/100/1000 NICS for about
$2,800.

Anyone running FC3 on this fairly generic box?  Any problems?  Any
recommendations for a better box at the same or less cost?

Dave McGuffey
Principal Information Assurance Engineer
SAIC