Setting up this list

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 20:12:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 14:56, smorrison20 at neb.rr.com wrote:
> Is there a way or program that I can do/use to get these messages into more of an newsgroup/thread style look? I am curently just using the digest option. Sorry if this is a total newd question but that is what I am. Thanks for the help.

You probably want to go the web site where you signed up and select to
get the list in message format instead of digest format.

Then you can use which ever mail program you want.  I recommend one that
has good filtering so you can setup a filter to move list messages to
their own folder.  Then select the option in your mail program to view
threaded messages.

Another benefit of doing it this way is you can setup filters to dump
messages or threads based on a wide variety of criteria which can help
reduce the stuff you have to wade through.  This can also be used to
flag topics of special interest to you as well.

I happen to use evolution for this but other email programs are
available that are just as good.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

I attribute my success to intelligence, guts, determination, honesty,
ambition, and having enough money to buy people with those qualities.