xorg-x11-6.8.2-1.FC3.13 appears to not like multiprocessors

Seth Alford setha at aracnet.com
Thu Mar 31 08:34:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 08:18:01PM -0800, Brian Gaynor wrote:
> [...]
[snip]

I downloaded the previous xorg rpm's, version 6.8.1-12.FC3.21, from the Fedora
web page.  I forced rpm to load the previous packages, then I erased the newer
xorg packages (6.8.2-1.FC3.13.)  I should probably have done that in the
opposite order.  But, I'm now running with 2 processors enabled, no
hyperthreading, in a gnome-terminal under X11.

So something about the newer xorg packages disagreed with my dual processor
system.

BTW, I tried enabling hyperthreading again with the second processor disabled.
Inexplicably, this time, the system locked up once I brought up X.  I could
have sworn that that worked correctly with the 6.8.2-1.FC3.13 packages.

Thanks for the responses.

--Seth