updates & time

Raghavendra Moktali rmoktali at vsnl.net
Thu Mar 31 09:05:46 UTC 2005

hello,

i have just installed fc3 on an thinkpad r51 and a desktop machine.
the version is 2.6.9-1.667, from dvd
During the installations, i have selected everything to be installed.

Please let me your experience of the following. this is my first install
  and upgrade.

a. how long this might take on the thinkpad with the folloing spec.
centrino 1.5Ghz,768mb pc2700 ram, via a network with download speed
       of about 45kbps using up2date or yum. i have to plan for the
required time at a cafe or some other place as i am on dialup.

b. is it possible to just download the updates to a folder and use them
to update all machines and if so how? this would make more sense in case
of multiple machines.

thank you for your time
raghavendra