hardware question: Intel entry server board SE7221BK1 & Fedora Core 3

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Mar 31 15:11:28 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 31.03.2005 schrieb Trichy pasupathy um 16:59:

> ASUS motherboard generally comes with integrated Realtek sound system.
> Did you ever try the soundcard detection on FC-3 and play sounds?  My
> ASUS has a VIA chipset an Realtek sound card. I first started with a
> FC-2 install. It detected the sound card and played sounds. I later
> upgraded to FC-3 and now the system detects the sound card but does
> not play the test.
>
> -Trichy

As the host with the ASUS board shall run as a server I deactivated the
sound device in the BIOS.

Alexander

P.S. Please don't top-post, at least don't fully quote the previous
mail.

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp
Serendipity 17:09:19 up 1 day, 14:35, load average: 0.35, 0.40, 0.43