Help with Printing

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Thu Mar 31 18:58:15 UTC 2005

I've just setup a printer where I'm doing some contracting. The printer is  a
DELL Laser printer P1500.

It's an ip network printer. I went to System ettings --->Printing
and setup a new printer as a 'Networked JetDirect' queue type.
I provided the i.p. address  as the printer and left the default port of 9100.

Next I selected Dell as the manufacturer and i only see two options:
M5200 and S2500

I've tried both with the same behavior:

If I print from openoffice writer it works perfecty. If I print from Kate, or
Kmail the left margin (including some of th text on the left side of the
page) is cut off (i.e. the print image is shifted too far to the left on the
page).

Any thoughts??