Gmail thread properly?

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 22:52:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:51:20 -0500, Phil Labonte <plabonte at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry about his but I am testing
[...]

Looks like all your tests worked :-)

Although I also use GMail, I have to admit that it does have a very
annoying feature (that I consider a bug): It doesn't sort threads by
references, but by subject. Anytime the subject line is changed even a
litle bit, GMail creates a different thread.

Also, when a thread branches, it gets really weird to follow the
conversation.  If anyone else feels as annoyed by that as I feel, I
suggest to report the issue to gmail team. With enough people
complaining, maybe they'll listen.

Having said that, as annoyed as I am, I still wouldn't cahnge GMail
for anything alse I currently know.

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680