How to check which packages are installed? to remove them?

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Mon May 2 00:32:17 UTC 2005

On Sunday 01 May 2005 17:14, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>    On one of my computers, System Settings ->
> Add/Remove Applications is not working as it should.
> So I removed it within itself, now I cannot see which
> packages are installed.  I know that the command(s)
> have been discussed before but I probably deleted the
> messages. rpm -??.  Is there a way via command line to
> determine which packages are installed in the system
> and how to remove them?
>
> Also I would like to ask on how to remove
> documentation from the system.  I need to know how
> much space help/man pages occupies.  I need to free up
> some space and want to know how to do it.

# rpm -qa

will list all of the RPM's that you have installed on your system.

I would respectfully suggest, however, that if you needed to ask this question
-- a simple and straightforward one with an easy answer -- then perhaps
removing the documentation from your computer would not be appropriate at
this time.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com